Have you ever worn an item of clothing and wondered where its name came from. Well the Farah Polo Shirt that you can see at https://www.ejmenswear.com/men/farah/polos derives its name from the Farah brand and the sport of Polo. The Polo shirt was named and based on the design of the clothing that the players wore during the game. If you have never seen a game of Polo here is a brief look at the rules.
- The playing field must be 300 yards long by 200 yard wide unless it is being played on a boarding pitch, in which case it can be 160 yards wide.
- The goalposts need to be 8 yards wide and open at the top.
- The match is made up of 4 plays (also known as chukkas) with each one lasting 7 minutes of play time.
- The game is started when the umpire throws the ball in between the two teams, much like in other team games like netball.
- Following a goal the teams change ends to make the game fairer in terms of the ground and weather conditions.
- Two horse mounted umpires oversee the match.
- The team with the most goals at the end of the match is the winner.